Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
19 January 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Plant Sale Information
Postcards and Posters
There are a limited number of postcards and posters available that advertise our spring plant sale. If you have favorite stores or shops or businesses where you know you can post a notice, please pick one up in the trailer at Sunshine.
Press Release for Distribution
Please share this information with your neighborhood association and any other group you think would have an interest. Press Release
The seeds have sprouted and are growing into little plants. It's time to move them to their 4" pots so they can stretch their roots and become happy little herbs. We don't have a bunch of space to work in the greenhouse, so we will meet in small groups on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning to start the process. As necessary, more times will be scheduled. Please email Jennifer Woertz (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you are interested and what times you are available.
Boxes for the Plant Sale
It's time to start collecting boxes for the plant sale. Ideally, members will collect those boxes that retailers use for display. Excellent choices are those from canned pet food and flats used to hold beer or berries. Not as excellent choices are big boxes. When you do collect those boxes, please place them in the trailer on and around the white tables. This will be ongoing until the plant sale on March 4.
Request for Gardening Help from PLANCTX - from Greer Culbertson
I wanted to check to see if anyone would be available to help my client and me on Friday when we come out to work for the first time. We would be grateful for any advising re: what to plant as well as manual labor if anyone wants to help dig! We plan to be there at 2 pm. We will also be coming from 2-4 every Sunday beginning this Sunday if anyone would be able to assist us at this time. I was also wondering if we would be able to plant a lemon tree in the plot?
Our organization is called PLANCTX (Planned Living Assistance of Central Texas) and we offer an array of customized services designed to enhance the lives of individuals and families facing mental health challenges. We are using this plot for our gardening club, one of the many activities we provide our clients weekly! http://www.planctx.org/
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder