Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
26 January 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Saturday, 1/28 - 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Tasks will include mowing along fence line and weeding TSBVI paths. Many of the tasks will count toward TSBVI service hours so the workday will be a good time for gardeners to get in their TSBVI service hour for the spring season. Luda Voskov, Zone 3 Coordinator, will lead the workday.
Mushroom Compost Available - Next Week
There will be a delivery of Mushroom Compost next week (possibly Wednesday) that will be available to SCG gardeners at a cost of $1.00 per bucket. The compost comes from Monterrey Mushrooms in Madisonville. Information about mushroom compost.
Thanks to Bill Biggs for the suggestion and making contact with Monterrey Mushrooms!
Plant Sale Information
Postcards and Posters
There are a limited number of postcards and posters available that advertise our spring plant sale. If you have favorite stores or shops or businesses where you know you can post a notice, please pick one up in the trailer at Sunshine.
Press Release for Distribution
Please share this information with your neighborhood association and any other group you think would have an interest. Press Release
It's time to start collecting boxes for the plant sale. Ideally, members will collect those boxes that retailers use for display. Excellent choices are those from canned pet food and flats used to hold beer or berries. Not as excellent choices are big boxes. When you do collect those boxes, please place them in the trailer on and around the white tables. This will be ongoing until the plant sale on March 4.
Request for Gardening Help from PLANCTX - from Greer Culbertson
The PLANCTX (Planned Living Assistance of Central Texas) organization offers an array of customized services designed to enhance the lives of individuals and families facing mental health challenges. They are using an SCG plot for their gardening club, one of the many activities they provide for their clients weekly! http://www.planctx.org/
The PLANCTX team would be grateful for any advising re: what to plant as well as manual labor if anyone wants to help dig! They will be at the garden every Sunday from 2-4.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to email@example.com.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Jim Willmann email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder