Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
1 February 2018
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Plot Fees Due February 1st
The invoices for plot fees and unworked service hours were sent by email on January 14-15. We have been getting an excellent response so far, but some gardeners have reported that the invoices were caught in their spam filters or otherwise were not received. If you did not receive your invoice, please contact Carol Limaye at email@example.com. We will note that you received the invoice late.
- Starting February 1: MORE compost is available for gardeners! The price is $1 per 5 gallon bucket with a limit of 20 buckets. Please keep in mind that the compost we will be ordering for the plant sale as part of our fundraising will be priced accordingly.
- Tuesday, February 13: Join in on the Pancake Day fun at Snooze (3800 North Lamar) while raising money for the upkeep and installation of the rainwater collection system for the Micah-6 garden. Snooze is donating 100% of ALL pancake profits to the garden. Please see enlarged flyer.
Coordinator Needed for Plant Sale Silent Auction
Looking for a volunteer willing to organize and run the silent auction during the plant sale. Since it's a late start, it probably won't be a big silent auction. We do have a few items. And the vendors will probably contribute something as well. Please email Janet if you are interested.
Sign Up to Help with Plant Sale
The Plant Sale runs on volunteers! Pick a shift, pick a job, show up ready to help us earn the money we need to keep Sunshine going. Look at the signup for Signup Genius. Remember, volunteers for the plant sale get to shop early, on Friday evening.
Spread the News about the Plant Sale!!!!!
Please mention the upcoming Plant Sale on Facebook...Twitter...Instagram...all your social media.
And pick up some posters and postcards from the trailer to take to your favorite restaurants/coffee shops and nurseries for them to post. You can also download a version. And if you are willing to commit to a role in the publicity for the plant sale, please email Janet Adams.
TSBVI Hour Project
Instead of the mad scramble to fulfill the required volunteer hour at the end of the spring term, it would be invaluable to the TSBVI students (and us!) for all to help fix one of the Sunshine eyesores (a container on site).
After the Plant Sale, we will have workdays for prepping the shipping container for painting and re-roofing, so keep a look out for more information. We are currently looking for someone with related knowledge to advise in the rehab of the large storage container. If you have painting and/or roofing experience and are interested, please contact a board member or Janet. Zone coordinators will support workdays under this person's guidance, so the supervisory aspect of this job will be limited.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder