Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
17 June 2015
A great time was had by all, if you missed it this year make a point of going next year. Where else do you get a chance to sample 58 varieties of different tomatoes?
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Tomato Tasting last Saturday. A big thank you to everyone who generously donated tomatoes. We sampled 58 varieties in all. The general consensus was that the tomatoes had less flavor this year but a few varieties did stand out. We also had a potato show-n-tell with approximately 9 varieties on display. The results will be published on our webpage once they're tabulated, and announced in the Weeder.
Get Your Volunteer Hours in now before the deadline.
All gardeners need to complete their service hours by June 30 including the 1 hour for TSBVI. To help gardeners get in any needed hours, workdays will be held this weekend. There will also be projects to satisfy the required TSBVI hour.
Saturday 20th June 8:00 am - 11:00 am
This work session will be led by Christopher Schroder and Ludmilla Voskov. For more information email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com respectively.
Sunday 9:00 am until 12:00 pm.
This session will be led by Ila Falvey. For more information email Ila at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to complete your service hours, these workdays will be an opportunity to do so. Remember there are only two more weekends in June - this weekend and next weekend. Gardeners will be charged for any unworked hours.
Service hours can be checked online
Please take a moment to check your service hours entries on the virtual green binder. You can see what your bill will be based on your current entries. The deadline is June 30 for working and entering hours. You will be charged for unworked hours.
Missing bird cage
A large bird cage in front of the chicken coop is missing. Please return it if you took it. Remember, only items to the left of the toolshed door are available for the taking.
Bulk Soil Purchases
Natural Gardener is closing its soil yard at the end of June to make room for Nursery expansion. Get your bulk purchases now.
What to Plant in June
Malabar Spinach, Okra, Southern Peas, Sweet Potato, and Pumpkin.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Garden
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Ginny Heilman email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Michael Hall email@example.com
- Director - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 1, Jody Trendler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Jing Li firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Irina Kadukova email@example.com
- Zone 9, Cheryl Hazeltine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Margaret Powis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Michael Hall email@example.com
- TSBVI Liason & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Rental - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Stewart Nichols email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - the Virtual Green Binder