Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
2 November 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
SCG Gardeners Beer Social
Join fellow gardeners and community members for beer and pizza at Pinthouse Pizza. The event will be in the afternoon of November 9.
- Nov 9 from 4 pm Gathering at Pinthouse Pizza (4729 Burnet Rd) for the Sunshine Community
- Nov 28 from 10 am Free Organic Pest Control Class (The Natural Gardener). Neil Schmidt helps you identify common garden pests and how to treat for them.
- Dec 3 from 5:30 pm Sunshine Gardens Annual Holiday Party. Contact Ila Falvey to help with this event.
Starting Herbs for Spring Plant Sale
Sage, thyme, rosemary, oregano, lemongrass and lavender. Last weekend, Jennifer Woertz starting seedlings of each of these herbs in anticipation of the upcoming Spring Plant Sale. These herbs take at least 4 months to mature into something that can be sold.
If you would like to help, Jen is looking for 7 people who can each take a day to water seedlings. Also, other herbs will be started at the end of November if another person could volunteer for that task.
Amazing Papaya at Sunshine
The beautiful papaya fruit are ripening in a certain plot at Sunshine Community Gardens, and we all hope that the fruit is ready before the first freeze! Kudos to the tenacious gardener who got these small trees to flourish!
Please Move Stored Tomato Cages
The area west of the tool shed is not a storage area, please claim your tomato cages or they will be moved to the give away section.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder