Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
9 November 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Hawk at Sunshine
While at first glance that bird looks like a ceramic predator, perched on a structure to ward off crop raiders, it is much more! A hawk has been sighted hunting at Sunshine Community Gardens.
- Nov 12 from 1 to 4 pm ATX Bilingual Fair at the Asian American Resource Center http://austin.thinkbilingual.org/
- Nov 17 from 11 am Live Broadcast from Sunshine; all gardeners welcome!! See below....
- Nov 28 from 10 am Free Organic Pest Control Class (The Natural Gardener). Neil Schmidt helps you identify common garden pests and how to treat for them.
- Dec 3 from 5:30 pm Sunshine Gardens Annual Holiday Party. Contact Ila Falvey to help with this event.
Live KLRU FB Broadcast from Sunshine
They would love to have lots of folks at the gardens gardening, so If you're available please come out that Friday. And if you have time before, let's do what we can to make our community gardens really shine!
Looking for Plant-Sitters ...
The lemongrass seedlings are in need of care and attention! Can anyone volunteer to help water herbs for the Spring Plant Sale? Jen is in need of 2 volunteers to help water the herbs. This job entails watering the "start" one day a week until the plant sale.
Jen is also looking for a few more volunteers to help seed trays (last week November/first week December). Please send an email to Jen if you are willing to help out!
Friendly Reminder: Complete Your Hours
As the year winds down, please remember to check the Green Binder to see if you need to complete Sunshine Community Gardens hours. look for volunteer opportunities around Sunshine to complete your hours for the year. There are many projects, from mowing to maintenance, that count towards these hours.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney email@example.com
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau firstname.lastname@example.org
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder