Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
9 November 2017
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Hawk at Sunshine
While at first glance that bird looks like a ceramic predator, perched on a structure to ward off crop raiders, it is much more! A hawk has been sighted hunting at Sunshine Community Gardens.
- Nov 12 from 1 to 4 pm ATX Bilingual Fair at the Asian American Resource Center http://austin.thinkbilingual.org/
- Nov 17 from 11 am Live Broadcast from Sunshine; all gardeners welcome!! See below....
- Nov 28 from 10 am Free Organic Pest Control Class (The Natural Gardener). Neil Schmidt helps you identify common garden pests and how to treat for them.
- Dec 3 from 5:30 pm Sunshine Gardens Annual Holiday Party. Contact Ila Falvey to help with this event.
Live KLRU FB Broadcast from Sunshine
They would love to have lots of folks at the gardens gardening, so If you're available please come out that Friday. And if you have time before, let's do what we can to make our community gardens really shine!
Looking for Plant-Sitters ...
The lemongrass seedlings are in need of care and attention! Can anyone volunteer to help water herbs for the Spring Plant Sale? Jen is in need of 2 volunteers to help water the herbs. This job entails watering the "start" one day a week until the plant sale.
Jen is also looking for a few more volunteers to help seed trays (last week November/first week December). Please send an email to Jen if you are willing to help out!
Friendly Reminder: Complete Your Hours
As the year winds down, please remember to check the Green Binder to see if you need to complete Sunshine Community Gardens hours. look for volunteer opportunities around Sunshine to complete your hours for the year. There are many projects, from mowing to maintenance, that count towards these hours.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales email@example.com
- Zone 2, Katy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder