Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
1 December 2016
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org know. Thanks.
Annual Holiday Potluck Party - Saturday, Rain or Shine
December 3rd, 5:00 PM
Trailer and greenhouse
Bring your favorite holiday dish and meet your fellow gardeners, eat delicious food, win prizes and exchange gardening information.
There will also be a very short meeting.
Thanks for all the hard workers who helped tame the front street garden last Saturday.
A woman walked by and said that we had the best bus stop in Austin. With your help, we can make it even better.
Lygus Bugs - "Stink Bugs"
It appears we have a plethora of damaging Lygus bugs.
Cause: Weed management is very important to help keep populations
of tarnished plant bug in check.
Manage weeds to keep the bugs from colonizing areas adjacent to gardens and landscape areas.
You can try vacuuming them up with a hand-held vacuum.
One of our gardeners, Hannah Harrison, is a graduate student studying Rhetoric at UT Austin.
Her doctoral dissertation project is about urban agriculture and community gardens. She's conducting interviews with SCG members as part of her research. If you would like to participate in a brief (apx. 30 minutes) interview, please email Hannah at email@example.com or signup with her at the Annual Holiday Potluck!
Featured Gardener Articles
If you are interested in being a featured gardener in the Weekly Weeder please fill out the survey.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder email your articles or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Jeff Monks email@example.com
- Vice President - Jim Willmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Bill Cason email@example.com
- Director - Lori Dobbin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Randy Thompson email@example.com
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Martin Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 2, Katy Davis email@example.com
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey email@example.com
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan email@example.com
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell email@example.com
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Polly Porter email@example.com
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams email@example.com
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry email@example.com
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter email@example.com
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder