Sunshine Weekly Weeder Newsletter
15 February 2018
If you are signed up to receive the Weekly Weeder and have not been receiving it, here is a troubleshooting page to help. If this doesn't help, please let Sharon at email@example.com know. Thanks.
Gardener's TODO List
- Last chance to buy compost for $1/bucket! We need to clear the space for the sale.
- March 3rd is fast approaching, our annual plant sale, our sole fundraiser, our invitation to the public to visit our garden. It takes a lot of work to put on the event and we need everyone to help. Sign up at SignUp Genius.
- Come to the workdays on Saturday mornings, February 17th and 24th, to prepare the garden.
- Take care of your plot and the area around it as we are a showcase for community gardens.
- Most importantly tell your friends and your strangers about the sale using all of the means you have at your disposal. Where else can people find our diversity of organic vegetable starts, our herb selection, our passalongs, garden themed vendors, and compost all accompanied by music? You can also download a version of the poster/cards to distribute.
- There will be an All Gardener's Meeting on Friday, March 2, at 4:45 just prior to the plant sale for volunteers at 5PM. Please do not drive in for this sale: no parking in the garden after noon on March 2nd.
- For additional information about the sale, check with Janet Adams
- Saturday, Feb 17 from 9am-12pm Workday
- Saturday, Feb 24 from 9am-12pm Workday
- Friday, March 2 from 12pm to Sunday March 4: No parking in the Garden because of the Plant Sale
- Friday, March 2 from 4:45 pm All Gardeners Meeting
- Friday, March 2 from 5pm Plant Sale for Volunteers
- Saturday, March 3 from 9 am to 2 pm Sunshine's Annual Plant Sale
Singing Sunshine's Praises...at Work!
Sunshine's Steven Uecker talked about gardening with the Texas Health and Human Services Connection:
Ready for Climbers!
A big thank you to Jim Willmann, Gene Vandiver and all who helped add this new play space for children visiting Sunshine.
Should you have any content to add to the Weeder, email your article or suggestion to Kristin Phillips. On normal weeks content should be received by end of day Wednesday.
Officer and Zone Coordinator Contacts - Sunshine Gardens
- President - Nick Sweeney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Marilyn Landberg email@example.com
- Secretary - Polly Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Caroline Limaye email@example.com
- Director - Bill Cason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director - Lori Dobbin email@example.com
- Director - Randy Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Email the board.
- Zone 1, Jasmine Baker email@example.com
- Zone 2, Wayne Kuenstler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3, Ludmila Voskov email@example.com
- Zone 4, Ila Falvey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5, Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Zone 6, Charlotte Jernigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 7, Maria and Philip Wiley email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 8, Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Zone 9, Kerry Howell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 10, Christopher Schroder
Karl Arcuri email@example.com
- Weekly Weeder Newsletter - Kristin Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale - Randy Thompson & Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- TSBVI Liaison & Volunteer Coordinator - Janet Adams jartdaht@gmailcom
- Plot Assignment - Kay McMurry email@example.com
- Compost Coordinator - Janet Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee - Shannon Posern email@example.com
- Carpentry & Repairs - Robert Jarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Leak Repairs - Steve Schulz email@example.com
- Tools & Wheelbarrows - Bob Easter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen Supplies - Anita Keese
(If supplies are needed for events, contact by email or at 512-773-2178)
- Compost Tea - Jennifer Woertz email@example.com
- Micah 6 - Dana Kuykendall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micah 6 - Mary Gifford email@example.com
- Website Coordinator - Sharon Rempert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish language contact - Andriana Prioleau email@example.com
Record Service Hours Online - Green Binder